Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics
Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya-BarcelonaTech (UPC) , University of Barcelona (UB) and the Universistat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) offer jointly a 3 year Bachelor's Degree in Bioinformatics taught entirely in English.
Bioinformatics lies at the crossroads of computing, biomedical sciences and physics and chemistry. It is an area of research that applies computer sciences and information technology to process data from the field of biology.
This degree aims to:
- Train professionals to work in the fields of research, development and innovation.
- Meet the growing demand for professionals able to process biomedical and biological data.
- Offer an international perspective, including management skills.
The Bachelor's Degree in Bioinformatics brings together mathematical skills, computer modelling and biological knowledge with an interdisciplinary focus, with particular emphasis on biomedical applications.
The course programme covers:
- Mathematical, biostatistical and computational processing of large amounts of data.
- Modelling, optimisation and programming languages in the field of the life sciences.
- Understanding biological systems.
- 3 years (180 ECTS)
- On site
- 100 % of subjects taught in English