Partners | Companies
Flomics Biotech (Flomics)
Flomics is a biotechnology company focused on the development of a revolutionary liquid biopsy solution for screening of complex diseases and high-quality personalised genomics services. Flomics was founded in 2018 by researchers and entrepreneurs from the Centre of Genomic Regulation (CRG) and the Pompeu Fabra University and is currently located at the vibrant Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB). Flomics liquid biopsy technology is currently under development to allow multicancer screening and early diagnosis from a standard blood draw, by using next-generation sequencing (NGS) and powerful bioinformatics to find patterns on the genomic profile of circulating cell free RNA. Flomics is currently validating the early- stage detection of 5 types of cancer: colon, lung, breast, pancreas, and prostate. Market entry is planned for 2024.
Flomics also provides a wide range of personalised genomics services, that go from dedicated bioinformatics projects, helping collaborators translate sequencing data into meaningful and actionable reporting, to fully integrated R&D projects, that can include sample preparation, sequencing, data analysis and bioinformatics custom support.
- Dedicated bioinformatics projects using Flomics' SaaS platform - Stratus® We currently offer access to our proprietary bioinformatics cloud-based platform - Stratus® - a Software as a service (SaaS) that with a few clicks allows the quick analysis and interpretation of sequencing data for specific projects. We currently have available 3 different pipelines:
- Covid-19, for the identification of the viral mutations and variants
- Metagenomics, a pipeline that takes any NGS amplicon-based 16S data for metagenomics analysis and generates taxonomic composition tables.
- RNAseq, performs the first level of analysis needed for any RNA-seq experiment. Our platform is compatible with most sequencing machines and fully integrated in the cloud, not requiring any computational or bioinformatics skills from the customer side.
- Personalised bioinformatics and genomics services for R&D projects We offer end-to-end genomic services and consultancy as R&D partners to different types of projects. We typically collaborate with hospitals, research centers and universities that lack expertise and know-how in the field of genomics, sequencing, and bioinformatics. Our services can include the full design of the experiment, sample preparation, sequencing, and full bioinformatics analysis and reporting. We work with different types of samples and biomolecules, and adapt to different projects, from biomarker discovery to metagenomics.