Partners | Health Research Centres
Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM)
IMIM, located at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) is, up to 82%, made up of research groups lead by professionals from the MAR Health Park , most of whom are associates of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), as well as other seconded staff members from the Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology (CREAL), the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University (DCEXS-UPF), the Centre of Regenerative Medicine in Barcelona (CMRB) and the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB).
On 16 December 2013, the Accreditation Committee of the Carlos III Health Institute (ISCIII) approved the accreditation of IMIM as a Health Research Institute. At IMIM there are around seven hundred professionals, of which one hundred and nineteen are lead researchers distributed in sixty research groups integrated into the five multi-disciplinary programmes framing research activities within IMIM:
- Cancer, directed by Joan Albanell
- Epidemiology and Public Health, directed by Jordi Alonso
- Cardiovascular and inflammatory processes, directed by Miguel López-Botet
- Biomedical Informatics, directed by Ferran Sanz
- Neurosciences, directed by Rafael de la Torre
A large proportion of its budget is provided by external competitive funds that are managed by the Mar Institute of Medical Research Foundation.
The scientific output generate from this research includes almost 945 annual papers in international journals indexed in the Science Citation Index (SCI). Another relevant fact is that 60% of the IMIM papers are published in journals that are in the top quartile of their category.
Bioinformatics related Research groups
- Computational RNA Biology group of GRIB
- Computational Science group of GRIB
- Evolutionary Genomics group of GRIB
- Functional Genomics group of GRIB
- GPCR Drug Discovery group of GRIB
- Integrative Biomedical Informatics group of GRIB
- PharmacoInformatics Group of GRIB
- Structural BioInformatics group of GRIB
- Systems Pharmacology group of GRIB