PhD Student - Cellular Systems Genomics & Endothelial Pathobiology and Microenvironment
- Centre / Institution:
- Josep Carreras LEUKAEMIA Research Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment
We are recruiting a PhD student to work on the computational analysis of research projects that investigate the tumor microenvironment in prostate cancers. Her/his work will be based on the development and application of new computational approaches for the analysis and integration of single-cell and spatial genomics data in the context of cancer and immunology.
The ideal candidate has a background in computational biology with knowledge of data science and machine learning. Previous experience in single-cell and/or spatial genomics is desirable, but not essential.
Desired skills and expertise
Specific requirements are the following:
- MSc in Computational Biology, Genomics, Data Science or similar. Any scientific background is considered, especially quantitative fields, such as mathematics, physics, computer science and engineering are highly appreciated.
- Programming skills are required in R and/or Python.
- A high level of motivation and interest in research.
- Any research/work experience is considered.
- Good communication skills.
- Being open-minded, flexible, and collaborative.
- Fluent in English.
Contract duration and other benefits
What we offer
- A 3-years funded PhD position.
- Be part of a young, collaborative, and international work environment with cutting edge technologies and interdisciplinary teams of scientists, including experts in medicine, biology, genomics, and bioinformatics.
- Have real insights of a wet lab,
- Combines discussions with the Mereu and Graupera team members.
- Core facilities of the IJC include the genomics, proteomics and the single-cell unit, which is equipped with the Chromium Controller to perform the single-cell analysis.
- Access to storage and distribution of data with the Barcelona Supercomputing Center.
- Exciting and innovative research projects in the field of single-cell and spatial genomics.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
Required information and contact
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to jobs(ELIMINAR)@carrerasresearch.org including the reference PHD_EM_MG_64