Specialist Technician – Software Developer
- Centre / Institution:
- Josep Carreras LEUKAEMIA Research Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics, Biostatistics
- More information:
- Download file
- Develop and maintain the unit's data management system
- Develop and maintain web applications for data visualization and data integration.
- Develop and maintain bioinformatics pipelines.
- Automatize data integration across databases and platforms.
- Interact with researchers and bioinformaticians
Desired skills and expertise
What we need
- Degree in software engineering/development or computer science.
- Experience in web development, e.g. front-end and back-end frameworks Laravel, Angular, React or Vue.
- Knowledge of Node.js/Express, Java Servlet.
- Experience in database design and implementation (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Knowledge of R language.
- Familiarity with software control version.
- English level: upper-intermediate.
- High level of motivation.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Proactive and team worker.
- Interest in biological data is a plus.
Contract duration and other benefits
What we offer
- Permanent position: This is a permanent position. A permanent contract will be signed if some of the assumptions established in the 2018 General State Budget are fulfilled. If they are not, the position will be covered by a temporary contract until the legal and financial measures established by the General Budget of the Government of Catalonia and the basic rules of the General State Budget permit a new call to cover this vacancy with a permanent contract
- Full time
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
Required information and contact
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to jobs(ELIMINAR)@carrerasresearch.org including the reference: ST_AM_70.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by September 30th, 2021