Specialist in Bioinformatics and Data Management for Genomics and Biomedical Research (By the VEIS European Project)
- Centre / Institution:
- Vall d'Hebron Institute of Research
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
The Statistics and Bioinformatics Unit (UEB) opens a selection process to incorporate a senior bioinformatician with knowledge of genomics, biomedical research data management, and preferably project management for the unit's bioinformatics platform. The role of the UEB is to support basic and clinical researchers, mainly from the Campus Vall Hebron, in their research.
This is done primarily through data analysis services, participation in clinical trials, and data management services. The unit also offers advice and training on statistics and bioinformatics.
The UEB also participates in some research projects such as EOSC-Life, EU-PEARL, or VEIS (Valorization of EGA for Industry and Society).
The position offered is linked to the VEIS project and the person occupying it will be responsible for a series of activities directly related to the project or indirectly through other tasks of the Unit.
Desired skills and expertise
Education and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in computer science or life sciences with postgraduate training in bioinformatics.
- Other postgraduate degrees such as other Masters or Doctorates.
Experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge and preferably experience in genomic data analysis.
- Knowledge and preferably experience in data management and administration (collection systems, storage, distribution...).
- Familiarity with modern database systems and information systems technologies.
- Good skills and experience working with Unix, Linux, and development tools such as programming languages (R, Python, SQL), version control systems, or containers.
- Fluent English in reading and writing.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative when needed as well as the ability to work within an interdisciplinary group.
- Specific experience in data analysis of sequencing and prioritization of variants. It will be valued.
- Knowledge in any of the following topics: Ontologies, OMOP data models, SNOMED CT.
- Experience in Project Management will be a plus.
Contract duration and other benefits
Main responsibilities/duties: The selected person will participate mainly in the following project: Valorization of the European Genome-Phenome Archive (EGA) for Industry and Society (VEIS), European Project (Grant agreement no.001-P001647) the person occupying the position will be responsible for:
- Development of the tasks of the projects that generate their funding.
- Participation in the planning and implementation of data management systems such as clinical research data management system design, interface design, or database systems management.
- Design and execution of genomic data analysis projects · Offer bioinformatics support to the unit customers
- Collaborate, to the appropriate extent, in the development and innovation tasks carried out in the unit.
- Participate in the training programs carried out by the unit.
Labor conditions: Full-time contract that would begin on 2020/10/01, with a duration linked to the project that would end in April 2023.
Remuneration: Gross Annual Salary 38.904,06€. What can we offer?
- Skillful and social colleagues in a dynamic environment.
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Personal training opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- 23 days of holidays + 9 personal days.
- Flexible Remuneration Program (including dining checks, health insurance, transportation, and more).
- Anual team-building events.
Required information and contact
HOW TO APPLY (The candidates should fill the online form with requested personal and professional data.) Please check on VHIR's official website the specific dates to submit your application. After this period the vacancy will be closed. Only applications submitted through VHIR's official website will be considered.