Sample Preparation Specialized Technician
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
The successful candidate will work closely with the head of Sequencing Unit within the Lab Support and Sample Preparation team.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Preparation of samples for sequencing
- Implementing new protocols
- Keeping rigorous audit trails of the work carried out, writing and updating documentation such as Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Recognizing and reporting erroneous protocol outcomes
- Stock and orders management
About the team
The unit provides highly specialized support in next generation genomics to national and international researchers and clinicians and conducts strategic development and implementation of the protocols.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in molecular biological procedures, in particular PCR, restriction and cloning reactions, DNA fragmentation and DNA/RNA purification procedures
- You have excellent laboratory techniques
- You have at least 5 years of experience in molecular biology
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience with the 2nd and 3rd generation of DNA sequencing technology
- You have proven experience with laboratory automated liquid handlers
Education and training
- You hold a master or PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar
- You are proficient in English
- You have advanced MS Office skills
- You are capable of working with computers and common software packages
- You should be very able with laboratory devices
- You understand the internal and external regulatory environment
- You have developed interpersonal skills
- You pay attention to detail
- You are a team player
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: Until 31.12.2022
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: 10.01.2022.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to human resources Dr. Marta Gut.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Marta Gut and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - https://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by December 9th, 2021.