- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
CRG is actively seeking an experienced Web Engineer to join the CRG IT Department. The main responsibilities of the candidate will be managing the different web platforms of the CRG, in close coordination with the Communications Department, developing new web applications and supervising the tasks of the outsourcing web maintenance companies, in continuous coordination with the areas of Helpdesk and System Administration and directly reporting to the Head of the Department.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have 5 years of demonstrable experience in a similar position
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience in international working environments like the CRG
- You hold a Master in web design, usability and similar disciplines will be appreciated
Education and training
- You hold a degree in computer science or related discipline.
- You are fluent in English
- You have a good level of Spanish and/or Catalan
- You have knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Fedora)
- You have experience in Oracle and MySQL databases, as SQL developer and sysadmin
- You have knowledge of web application servers, at sysadmin level
- You have knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Apache Solr.
- You have knowledge of ASP, JAVA, AJAX, SEO, XML, HTML5, Bootstrat.
- You have experience in PHP frameworks like Media Wiki, Drupal, Symphony
- You have experience in SharePoint, OneNote, .NET Framework
- You have experience in graphical and desktop publishing, Photoshop, Illustrator and others.
- You have certifications in web accessibility and standards compliance.
- You have experience in functional analysis
- You have experience in procedure design
- You have high communication skills
- You have problem solving abilities
- You have time and project management capabilities
- You are methodical, responsible, active, used to take decisions, proactive and willing to propose improvements and changes in the area
- You have experience in project management.
- You are a cooperative individual
Contract duration and other benefits
- Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Starting date: Immediate hiring.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Mr. Emyr James.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Mr. Emyr James and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - https://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by January 15th, 2022