3rd European Conference on Translational Bioinformatics: Biomedical Big Data Supporting Precision Medicine
16/04/2018 10:15 - 17/04/2018 15:40
Advances in genomics and the availability of big data are beginning to transform the healthcare landscape. Bioinformaticians are playing a unique role in this transformation by developing tools that improve data acquisition, curation and interpretation. This meeting will highlight recent advances in the tools and techniques that are facilitating translational research and precision medicine. The programme will discuss how informatics can be used to improve drug discovery and development and to treat disease, and how it is helping to centralise and organise medical knowledge. The conference will also include a workshop on how to start a company, with insights from entrepreneurs who have made the transition from academic-based bioinformatics research to the commercial sector.
This meeting follows on from the success of the European Conference on Translational Bioinformatics (ECTB) series hold in 2016 at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark; and in 2017 at the European Bioinformatics Institute, UK. As in past editions, the 2018 meeting will bring together scientists, developers, and entrepreneurs who are interested in translating genomics and bioinformatics research into healthcare tools and services. The meeting will be relevant for researchers, computational biologists and entrepreneurs from start-ups and established companies interested in epidemiology, cancer genomics and precision medicine.
- Ewan Birney. European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI). UK.
- Paul Boutros. Ontario Institute for Cancer Research. Canada.
- Søren Brunak. University of Copenhagen. Denmark.
- Francesca Ciccarelli. King's College London. UK.
- Joaquín Dopazo, Fundación Progreso y Salud (FPS); Spanish National Bioinformatics Institute (INB) / ELIXIR-ES. Spain.
- Laura I. Furlong, Fundació Institut Mar d'Investigacions Mèdiques; Universitat Pompeu Fabra; Spanish National Bioinformatics Institute (INB) / ELIXIR-ES. Spain.
- Tim Hubbard. King's College London. UK.
- Maricel G. Kann. University of Maryland. USA.
- Hans Lehrach. Max Planck Institute. Germany.
- Núria López-Bigas. Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB); Universitat Pompeu Fabra; ICREA. Spain.
- Ferran Sanz. Fundació Institut Mar d'Investigacions Mèdiques (IMIM); Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF); Spanish National Bioinformatics Institute (INB) / ELIXIR-ES. Spain.
- David Torrents. Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC); ICREA. Spain.
- Alfonso Valencia. Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC); Spanish National Bioinformatics Institute (INB) / ELIXIR-ES; ICREA. Spain.