Partners | Universities
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
Formed from several schools with over one hundred years of history, the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) is a young, public university that is well positioned in international rankings. Its activity focuses on knowledge and practice in engineering, architecture, sciences and technology and rests on humanist and social foundations.
A key aspect of the UPC is its ability to actively influence production, economic and social processes, an influence that manifests itself through quality education taught at bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree levels. Its degree courses are designed to meet the needs of the labour market, but also to achieve forms of leadership that aspire to more sustainable and humane conditions of life. The UPC is also a leading university in knowledge transfer, innovation, business creation and patenting.
As a technical university, it has an essential role to play in production and regional balance and is present and active in six cities in Catalonia: Barcelona, Castelldefels, Manresa, Sant Cugat, Terrassa and Vilanova i la Geltrú.
Beyond Catalonia, the UPC has academic and research ties with other universities, businesses, corporations and institutions through networks and projects, some of which are international in scope. Our aim is to work daily in the service of society, to be accountable for our activities and to assert the primacy of our collective effort towards a better future.
Bioinformatics related Research groups
- Algorithms, Computational Biology, Complexity and Formal Methods
- Bioinformatics and Biomedical Signals Laboratory
- Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Research Group
- Compositional and Spatial Data Analysis
- Computational Biology and Complex Systems Group
- Computational continuum mechanics
- Geometry of Varieties and Applications
- Laboratory of Relational Algorithmics, Complexity and Learnability
- Molecular Biotechnology Centre
- Nonlinear dynamics, nonlinear optics and lasers
- Soft Computing
- UPC Dinamical Systems